This part-time (International) Business program focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal, and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education. Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing, and meeting deadlines. Our full-time program addresses these needs.
This program equips students with solid knowledge and transferable skills relevant to secure senior roles within many rewarding fields including international trade, transports and logistics corporations, financial and investment institutions, government agencies and global business consultancies. You will become acquainted with the important management areas: Business Environment, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management Accounting, Management Operations, Human Resources, Financial Accounting or Law. You will run a business project during the internship.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track part-time Associate program in one year;
– The academic year is crowned with a certificate (Higher National Certificate);
– Average groups of 15 students;
– Positive and ambitious colleague students;
– Good balance theory and practice;
– Module work under direct supervision;
– Lecturers that also professionally work in practice;
– English spoken: the best preparation to access International University’s and international working enterprise’s;
– Open for students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
How does it work per unit?
We use Pearson’s digital teaching materials. In the morning the lecturer discusses the theory, and we practice with smaller assignments (Think).
You will receive an ‘assignment’ for each unit that you will work out in the afternoon (Act). You show that you can apply the theory within a practical case. You also look for extra relevant theory / literature and you ensure a bibliography in your elaboration. You show that you can draw your own conclusions and formulate advice with a critical eye. You submit a concept, and you receive feedback from the lecturer. Then you hand in the final version. There is also always a presentation part with the assignment. You have to finish the unit with a pass (better a merit or distinction).
We conclude each lecture day with an end-of-day test on the theory of the morning that you have already put into practice in the afternoon. In this way we stimulate you to really take in a piece of theory every week. You and the lecturer also receive feedback every day whether the theory has landed properly or whether some repetition or additional explanation is needed.
At the end of the module there will be another final theory test. The whole of the day tests and the final test must be concluded with a pass. In this way we build up the ready knowledge that is needed to function well within the business community and to make a difference (Grow).
More information about: Pearson, BTEC level 4 HNC, BTEC5 HND and University TOP-up degree.
The Kronenburgh International Business associate program is a one-year program. The program is built on the International higher education qualification system:
- BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately, and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence, and problem-solving strategies.
They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
BTEC Level 4 units
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting principles
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Operations management
- Business Law
- Managing a Successful Business Project
Optional: IELTS English.
More information on BTEC and Pearson. More information on BTEC level 4 HNC.
This program is open to students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
- Dutch system: MBO4, HAVO, VWO diploma,
- International System:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business,
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English,
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications,
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF,
- An international equivalent of the above.
Some aspects of business e.g., accounting and finance require maths skills and we strongly recommend all students:
- Dutch education system: Mathematics and Economics in the curriculum at mavo, havo or vwo. Calculating with positive result closed on 3F.
- International Education system: an A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
Required level of English
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2),
- PTE 51,
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5,
- or equivalent,
- Students that have studied in English for last two years.
It is also possible to do an English level intake test.
The Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague offers courses to bring you at the right level of English. This can also be done during the first year.
Kronenburgh Capacity and English level test / IBS 21+ test
Do you not meet the admission criteria, but do you think you can still meet the level of the program? Then take the Kronenburgh IBS 21+ test.
The Kronenburgh HNC programme is built on the BTEC Business path. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
The awarding institution is Pearson Education Ltd. the UK’s largest awarding body offering vocational and academic qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
A portfolio is built up during the year. You make an assignment for each unit and you must meet the additional education requirements. All positively completed assignments add up to the total portfolio that is assessed to determine whether you have earned enough credits to qualify for a certificate.
To compare the education systems in the different European Countries, the European Qualification Framework EQF was developed:
- Higher National Certificate in Business (one year programme) HNC: EQF5.
In the part-time program, we provide first-year lectures on Tuesday afternoons and evenings. Second-year lectures on Thursday afternoon and evening. The third-year lectures are on Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Start of lectures: Tuesday September 28th 2021.
Lecture times: 1.30pm to 8.50pm.
See the lecture schedule HNC.
Kronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental school funding.
- HNC part time € 4.495,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments € 461,-) (participation per unit € 575,-)
You have a representative business suit.
You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free or limited versions).
College fee includes:
- registration fee; and
- Study materials: It is possible that additional material will be charged say € 250,- per year.
Does the government contribute?
For Dutch citizens:
The education costs you incur in 2021 can be deducted for tax purposes via the income statement. Read more on the website of the tax authorities.
A new scheme will be introduced in 2022: Stimulation of the Labor Market Position (STAP). You can then apply for up to € 1.000,- per year through the UWV. An annual total budget of 218 million euros is available for the scheme, divided over 6 application terms. Gone = Gone, so be on time from 2022!
An employer can deduct training costs of employees for tax purposes.
After completing the Associate program students can progress directly into employment. You can also continue your study at Kronenburgh International Business School for the second year, the Higher National Diploma and and third year of a bachelor study:
The first year of the three years Bachelor program is the associate program. So after completing the associate, you can finish the Bachelor program in two years.