This full-time Associate International Business and Management focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal, and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education. Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing, and meeting deadlines. Our full-time program addresses these needs.
This program equips students with solid knowledge and transferable skills relevant to secure senior roles within many rewarding fields including international trade, transports and logistics corporations, financial and investment institutions, government agencies and global business consultancies. You will become acquainted with the important management areas: Business Environment, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management Accounting, Management Operations, Human Resources, Financial Accounting or Law. You will run a business project during the internship.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track Associate program in one year;
– The academic year is crowned with a certificate (Higher National Certificate);
– Average groups of 15 students;
– Positive and ambitious colleague students;
– Good balance theory and practice;
– Module work under direct supervision;
– Lecturers that also professionally work in practice;
– English spoken: the best preparation to access International University’s and international working enterprise’s;
– Open for students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
The full-time Kronenburgh Associate International Business and Management is a one-year program. The program is built on the International higher education qualification system: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business.
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately, and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence, and problem-solving strategies.
They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
BTEC Level 4 units
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting Principles
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Professional Identity and Practice
- Sales Management
- Work Experience
Every academic year there is also an internship. You then make the business (research) assignments. Read more about internship.
This program is open to students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
- Dutch system: MBO4-, HAVO-, VWO-diploma,
- International System:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business,
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English,
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications,
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF,
- An international equivalent of the above.
Some aspects of business e.g., accounting and finance require maths skills and we strongly recommend all students:
- Dutch education system: Mathematics and Economics in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education system: An A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
Required level of English
- Dutch education system: English in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education system:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2),
- PTE 51,
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5,
- or equivalent,
- Students that have studied in English for last two years.
The Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague offers courses to bring you at the right level of English. This can also be done during the first year.
Do you not meet the admission criteria, but do you think you can still meet the level of the program? Then take the Kronenburgh IBS 21+ test.
The Associate Business and Management is a one-year programme:
- Higher National Certificate in Business (one year programme) HNC: EQF5
To compare the level of the education systems in the different European Countries, the European Qualification Framework EQF was developed. The Associate HNC is at EQF 5(in the Dutch system HBO of WO see Nuffic).
HND and HNC
The Kronenburgh HNC programme is built on the BTEC Business path. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
The awarding institution is Pearson Education Ltd. the UK’s largest awarding body offering vocational and academic qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
Methods of assessment
At the end of each lecture day there is the end-of-the-day-test on the theory. This way we stimulate you to really take in a piece of theory every day. You and the lecturer also receive feedback every day whether the theory has landed properly or whether some repetition or additional explanation is needed. At the end of the unit there will be a final theory test. The whole of the day tests and the final test must be concluded with a pass. So this is a conditional theory test.
You will receive an ‘assignment’ for each unit. You show that you can apply the theory within a practical case. You also look for extra relevant theory / literature and you ensure a bibliography in your elaboration. You show that you can draw your own conclusions based on literature and formulate advice with a critical eye. There is also a presentation part with the assignment.
A portfolio of assignments is built up. All positively completed assignments add up to the total portfolio that is assessed to determine whether you have earned enough credits to qualify for a certificate.
The sorority year starts with the OH OH Intro at the end of August. Get to know other students also other University educational institutions in The Hague. The OH OH INtro is organized by the municipality of The Hague together with five student associations: the social associations HSV and INTAC, rowing club Pelargos, the Christian association Navigators and the HSSK shooting corps. A great opportunity to discover student life in The Hague.
The Kronenburgh introduction is on Monday 22 August 2022. We inform you about our education system and go to the beach for some team building activities such as beach volleyball and wave surfing.
Start lectures: Tuesday 23 August 2022.
Lecture times: Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:20 PM.
Building: Lange Houtstraat 7 2511CV The Hague
Lecture schedule: full-time associate BTEC4 HNC.
HNC – Associate
- Tuition fees Kronenburgh € 12,995.- (prepay or in 10 instalments € 1,332.-)
- Tuition fees Pearson € 464.49 (prepay)
- Literature Pearson € 17.55 + € 140.40 (prepay)
- Literature Studystore € 200.- (prepay)
- Membership Library € 35.-
- In total € 13,817.44
Good to know
- Prices Pearson are subject to exchange rates.
- Pearson may change prices.
- Studystore literature is based on previous academic year prices. New bibliographies will not be available until the summer holidays.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free or limited versions).
- You have a representative business suit (Tenue de Ville on Thursdays, during company visits and on request of a teacher).
- Additional lecture material/literature may be charged.
- In the event of a study delay, € 100 will be charged to continue enrolment at Pearson (possibly also at the Top-up university).
- If sufficient study results are not obtained, there are costs for attending lectures, taking exams and assessments (depending on what is necessary).
Does the government contribute Dutch citizens?
Kronenburgh is a private school. We work in accordance with the international higher education system. It is therefore not a ‘croho’ education. This means that it is not possible to apply for a scholarship / loan system / public transport card for this study program at ‘Duo’.
Through the scheme: Stimulation of the Labor Market Position (STAP) can be applied for up to € 1,000 per year via the UWV. An annual total budget of 218 million euros is available for the scheme, divided over 6 application periods. On = gone, so be on time!
An employer can set off employee training costs for tax purposes.
After completing the Associate program students can progress directly into employment. You can also continue your study at Kronenburgh International Business School for the second year, the Higher National Diploma and and third year of a bachelor study:
The first year of the three years Bachelor program is the associate program. So after completing the associate, you can finish the Bachelor program in two years.