This online part time (International) Business program focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills, such as teamwork.
Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing and meeting deadlines. Our part time program addresses these needs.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track online part-time Bachelor program in three years;
– Good balance theory and practice;
– Module work under direct supervision;
– Lecturers that also professionally work in practice;
– In English: the best preparation to access International University’s and international working enterprise’s;
– Open for students from all countries.
How does it work per unit?
You get access to Pearson’s digital teaching materials per unit. This material is set up interactively. There are questions after each theory block. It is possible to highlight important elements in the text and these elements will be included in your own summary. This way you quickly master the material. So you do not come to our face-2-face lectures.
You will be assigned a professional: your private lecturer. The lecturer has a total of 2 hours to answer your questions. This can be done by telephone, e-mail or via a zoom meeting. Those two hours can be divided into different sessions. It’s best to always save up a few questions per session.
When you are ready for this, you will receive an open book theory exam. For this you have to pass to continue.
You get an ‘assignment’ that you work out. You show that you can apply the theory in practice. Your employer’s practice or you rely on information that you have been able to find on the internet about a company. You show that you can draw your own conclusions and give advice with a critical eye. You submit a concept work out and you receive feedback from the lecturer. Then you hand in the final version. There is also always a presentation section with the assignment. You give this presentation online. The assignment must be assessed with a ‘pass’, but of course you are going for better: a ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’.
Then you go to the next unit.
More information about: Pearson, BTEC level 4 HNC, BTEC5 HND and University TOP-up degree.
The Kronenburgh International Business Bachelor (HONS) is a three years, online part time program. The program is build on the UK (United Kingdom) higher education qualification system:
- first year: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business (HNC)
- second year: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business (HND)
- third / fourth year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor in Business (HONS)
So every period is redeemed with a certificate, diploma or a degree.
In the Dutch system HNC is comparable to HBO1+2: Associate. HND is comparable to HBO3. Top-up is comparable to HBO4 / University. See the how Nuffic compares the Dutch and English education system.
Frist year: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business provides students with a broad introduction to the field of “Business”. Students acquire broad practical knowledge through lectures, self-study and research. HNC graduates will be able to communicate and work accurately and appropriately with a degree of personal responsibility. They have developed a range of skills to ensure effective teamwork, problem solving, initiative taking, organizational ability. They will be flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure and achieve challenging goals within the given framework. More information: www.highernationals.com. More information: www.highernationals.com.
BTEC Level 4 units / modules
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Business Law
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Optional: IELTS English.
Second year: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
At the Kronenburgh International Business School we offer the Level 5 Higher National Diploma in ‘General Business’ pathway, which allows students to complete a Level 5 Higher National Diploma without committing to a particular professional specialism. This offers additional flexibility for the third year at international universities.
Level 5 Higher National Diploma graduates have developed an understanding of the principles in their field and their broad application. They have learned to assess the suitability of different problem solving approaches. They developed qualities necessary for taking personal responsibility and managing decision-making. The education program strives for students to be professional, self-reflective individuals capable of meeting the demands of corporate employers and adapting to a constantly changing world. More information: www.highernationals.com.
BTEC level 5 units / modules
- Business Strategy
- Tapping into New International Markets
- E-commerce and Strategy
- International Marketing
- Statistics for Management
- Value and Contribution to organisational Success
- Organisational Behaviour
- Research project
- Optional: IELTS English
Third (fourth) year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor Business (Hons)
Next step is the TOP-up programme. Kronenburgh offers this program as blended learning. This means that you can work online and also participate college lectures and group coaching. The program can be done in three up and until four years.
Top-up units / modules are:
- Research Methodology
- Business Strategy
- Global Business
- International Marketing Strategy
- Business Law
- Business Finance
- Strategic HRM
- Project / Dissertation
It is also possible to study full-time at a university that offers a TOP-up program in, for example, England. The Level 5 Higher National Diploma is recognized by higher education providers as fulfilling the entry requirements for many relevant business-related courses / undergraduate degree, e.g. BA and BSc (Hons) in Business Studies. You should be aware that university entrance requirements are always subject to change. So always check the admission requirements for programs with specific higher education providers. For more information on admission requirements, please visit, please visit: https://degreecoursefinder.pearson.com
More information on BTEC and Pearson. More information on BTEC level 4 HNC. More information on BTEC5 HND. More information on University TOP-up degree.
This program is open for students from all countries.
The admission requirements are:
– Dutch system: MBO4, HAVO or VWO-diploma.
– International System:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business;
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English;
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications;
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF; or
- An international equivalent of the above.
In order for students to be successful on the Kronenburgh International Business Program where students are both taught and assessed in English, it is critical that they have an appropriate level of English language skills.
Students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2);
- PTE 51;
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5;
- or equivalent.
If the student is not at the B2 level, there is the opportunity to access a course at the Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague, see www.lc-kronenburgh.nl. This can also be done during the first year.
Some aspects of business e.g. accounting and finance require maths skills and we strongly recommend all students:
- Dutch education system: Wiskunde en Economie in het vakkenpakket bij havo-ers en vwo-ers. Bij MBO-ers moet Wiskunde en Economie op de mavo in het vakkenpakket hebben gezeten. Verder het landelijke of instellingsexamen Reken met positief resultaat hebben afgesloten op 3F.
- International Education system: an A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
At Kronenburgh, we focus on the BTEC International Business Management path. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business: 601/8365/2
The awarding institution is: Pearson Education Ltd. the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
Obtaining the Bachelor degree is done at the University as the provider of the TOP-up program.
In the online part-time program you determine your own schedule. As a standard guideline, 5 weeks can be used per unit.
The advice is to stick to the standard order of the units in view of the structure of the unit content.
However, it is possible to deviate from this.
It is also possible to do only the units of your interest. You will receive a certificate upon successful completion of a unit.
Kronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental school funding.
- HNC / HND per unit € 515,-.
- 8 units per year, so € 4.120,- per year.
- in case of study delay, € 30, – will be charged to continue enrollment at Pearson.
- Top-up online € 6.000,- (prices are subject to change).
College fee includes:
- registration fee; and
- Study materials: It is possible that additional material will be charged say € 250,- per year.
After completing the TOP-up Bachelor program students can progress directly into employment. You can also select a master study like for example:
- ACCA Accounting MSc
- Economics and Finance MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
Dutch education system: je kunt kiezen voor een HBO of een Universitaire master.
You should be aware that university admission criteria is always subject to change and understand the course entry requirements for subject, year and grade before applying. So always check the entry requirements for degree programmes at specific Higher Education providers.