This full-time HNC International Business and Management focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal, and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education. Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing, and meeting deadlines. Our full-time program addresses these needs.
This program equips students with solid knowledge and transferable skills relevant to secure senior roles within many rewarding fields including international trade, transports and logistics corporations, financial and investment institutions, government agencies and global business consultancies. You will become acquainted with the important management areas: Business Environment, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management Accounting, Management Operations, Human Resources, Financial Accounting or Law. You will run a business project during the internship.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills.
What makes this program so special?
– Internationally recognized BTEC 4 / HNC, 1-year full-time programme at Kronenburgh;
– HNC is awarded with an internationally recognised certificate;
– The year at Kronenburgh comes with a company internship (Putting theory into practice: CV-building);
– Average groups of 15 European students with positive ambition;
– Good balance theory and practice; morning: tutorials, afternoon: practical;
– Lecturers who work professionally in practice;
– Home work (assignments) done under the supervision of a lecturer during the practical;
– In English: the best preparation for international university studies and/or working within international companies.
– Gives access to the HND specialized programmes at Kronenburgh.
The full-time Kronenburgh Associate International Business and Management is a one-year program. The program is built on the International higher education qualification system: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate HNC in Business.
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately, and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence, and problem-solving strategies. They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
In the year of study, all students follow the same lecture programme.
During a lecture day, the lecturer discusses the new subject matter in the morning. In the afternoon you work on the unit assignment (a business case). This way you apply the new theory every day. You do this under the supervision of the lecturer. At the end of the day there is a small test. In this way you learn a bit every day in preparation for the theoretical exam at the end of the unit. The unit is further concluded with an assessment: a presentation format about the assignment you have completed. This is Kronenburgh’s Think – Act – Grow approach.
BTEC Level 4 units
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting Principles
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Professional Identity and Practice
- Operations Management
- Work Experience
During the Internship you work on the Business Project and you participate in other ongoing projects within a company.
This program is only open to students:
- from (1) the Netherlands and (2) the European Union (EU/EEA and Switzerland) (students from outside Europe will not be admitted)
- in the ages of 17 up to 25 at the start of the programme.
Check whether you meet the criteria: complete the checklist.
Requirements prior education
- Dutch education: MBO4-diploma, HAVO-diploma of overgangsbewijs VWO4>5 / overgangsbewijs VWO 5>6 / VWO-diploma,
- International education:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business,
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English,
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications,
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF,
- An international equivalent of the above.
- Dutch education: Mathematics and Economics in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education: An A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
If the admission requirements are not met, but it is expected that the program will still be successfully completed, there is the option of making the Kronenburgh IBS IQ test.
Required level of English
- Dutch education: English in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2),
- PTE 51,
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5,
- or equivalent,
- Students that have studied in English for last two years.
In case of insufficient mastery, a language course can be followed at the Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague.
In order to be able to compare the education systems in the different European countries, the European Qualification Framework EQF was developed. The Bachelor’s program in Business and Management is rated as follows (see Nuffic):
Higher National Certificate in Business HNC: EQF5.
At Kronenburgh, a successful year is rewarded with a certificate.
Kronenburgh International Business School provides the HNC programme under the license and supervision of Pearson. Pearson Education Ltd.: The UK’s largest diploma awarding body with academic and professional qualifications that are globally recognized and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading training company. Pearson therefore provides the internationally recognized HNC certificate.
The program is made up of BTEC units. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
We end each day of lectures with an end-of-day test on the theory of that day. In this way we encourage you to really absorb a piece of theory every day of your lecture. You and the lecturer will also receive daily feedback on whether the theory has landed well or whether repetition or additional explanation is needed. At the end of the unit there is a theory exam. The final mark for the theory must be sufficient to be able to continue. This is therefore a conditional theory exam.
You will receive an ‘assignment’ per unit. You show that you can apply the theory within a practical case. You will also look for extra relevant theory/literature and you will include a bibliography in your elaboration. You show that with a critical eye you can draw your own conclusions based on literature and formulated advice. The assignment also includes a presentation part. A portfolio of assignments is built up and assessed to determine whether you have obtained sufficient credits to be eligible for a certificate.
The first year starts with the OH OH Intro at the end of August. Get to know other students also other University educational institutions in The Hague. The OH OH INtro is organized by the municipality of The Hague together with five student associations: the social associations HSV and INTAC, rowing club Pelargos, the Christian association Navigators and the HSSK shooting corps. A great opportunity to discover student life in The Hague.
The Kronenburgh introduction is on Monday 21 August 2023. We inform you about our education system and go to the beach for some team building activities such as beach volleyball and wave surfing.
You can start at Kronenburgh all year round. Good moments are when a new unit starts, but often you can also join running units. Come by during the walk-in evening and we will discuss the possibilities.
The new academic year 2023-2024 starts on Tuesday 22 August 2023.
Lecture times: Monday to Thursday from 9.00 am to 4.20 pm (no lecture on Friday).
Academic year: During an academic year, you attend lectures from the end of August to March. After that there is an internship until the summer holidays.
A study trip is planned prior to the internship.
Building: Lange Houtstraat 7 2511CV The Hague.
Lecture schedule: HNC program
HNC – Associate
- Tuition fees Kronenburgh € 13,495.-
- Tuition fees Pearson € 464.49
- Literature Pearson € 17.55 + € 140.40
- Literature Studystore € 200.-
- Membership Library € 35.-
- In total € 14,317.44
Good to know
- Prices Pearson are subject to exchange rates.
- Pearson may change prices.
- Studystore literature is based on previous academic year prices. New bibliographies will not be available until the summer holidays.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free or limited versions).
- You have a representative business suit (Tenue de Ville on Thursdays, during company visits, assessment presentations and on request of a lecturer).
- Additional lecture material/literature may be charged.
- In the event of a study delay, cost will be charged to continue enrolment at Pearson.
- If sufficient study results are not obtained, there are costs for attending lectures, taking exams and assessments (depending on what is necessary).
Does the government support students?
Kronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental Duo school funding.
Stimulation of the Labor Market Position (STAP). You can apply for up to € 1.000,- per year through the UWV. An annual total budget of 218 million euros is available for the scheme, divided over 6 application terms. Gone = Gone, so be on time!
An employer can deduct training costs of employees for tax purposes.
After completing the HNC program students can progress directly into employment. You can also continue your study at Kronenburgh International Business School for the second year, the Higher National Diploma and third year Top-up bachelor programme.