This full-time HNC International Business and Management focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal, and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education. Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing, and meeting deadlines. Our full-time program addresses these needs.
This program equips students with solid knowledge and transferable skills relevant to secure senior roles within many rewarding fields including international trade, transports and logistics corporations, financial and investment institutions, government agencies and global business consultancies. You will become acquainted with the important management areas: Business Environment, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management Accounting, Management Operations, Human Resources, Financial Accounting or Law. You will run a business project during the internship.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills.
What makes this program so special?
– Internationally recognized BTEC 4 / HNC, 1-year full-time programme at Kronenburgh;
– HNC is awarded with an internationally recognised certificate;
– The year at Kronenburgh comes with a company internship (Putting theory into practice: CV-building);
– Average groups of 15 European students with positive ambition;
– Good balance theory and practice; morning: tutorials, afternoon: practical;
– Lecturers who work professionally in practice;
– Home work (assignments) done under the supervision of a lecturer during the practical;
– In English: the best preparation for international university studies and/or working within international companies.
– Gives access to the HND specialized programmes at Kronenburgh.
The full-time Kronenburgh Associate International Business and Management is a one-year program. The program is built on the International higher education qualification system: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate HNC in Business.
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately, and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence, and problem-solving strategies. They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
In the year of study, all students follow the same lecture programme.
During a lecture day, the lecturer discusses the new subject matter in the morning. In the afternoon you work on the unit assignment (a business case). This way you apply the new theory every day. You do this under the supervision of the lecturer. At the end of the day there is a small test. In this way you learn a bit every day in preparation for the theoretical exam at the end of the unit. The unit is further concluded with an assessment: a presentation format about the assignment you have completed. This is Kronenburgh’s Think – Act – Grow approach.
BTEC Level 4 units
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting Principles
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Professional Identity and Practice
- Operations Management
- Work Experience
During the Internship you work on the Business Project and you participate in other ongoing projects within a company.
This program is only open to students:
- from (1) the Netherlands and (2) the European Union (EU/EEA and Switzerland) (students from outside Europe will not be admitted)
- in the ages of 17 up to 25 at the start of the programme.
Check whether you meet the criteria: complete the checklist.
Requirements prior education
- Dutch education: MBO4-diploma, HAVO-diploma of overgangsbewijs VWO4>5 / overgangsbewijs VWO 5>6 / VWO-diploma,
- International education:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business,
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English,
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications,
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF,
- An international equivalent of the above.
- Dutch education: Mathematics and Economics in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education: An A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
If the admission requirements are not met, but it is expected that the program will still be successfully completed, there is the option of making the Kronenburgh IBS IQ test.
Required level of English
- Dutch education: English in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2),
- PTE 51,
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5,
- or equivalent,
- Students that have studied in English for last two years.
In case of insufficient mastery, a language course can be followed at the Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague.
In order to be able to compare the education systems in the different European countries, the European Qualification Framework EQF was developed. The Bachelor’s program in Business and Management is rated as follows (see Nuffic):
Higher National Certificate in Business HNC: EQF5.
At Kronenburgh, a successful year is rewarded with a certificate. Since this is the first year of the bachelors programma we refer to this year as a propaedeutic.
Kronenburgh International Business School provides the HNC programme under the license and supervision of Pearson. Pearson Education Ltd.: The UK’s largest diploma awarding body with academic and professional qualifications that are globally recognized and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading training company. Pearson therefore provides the internationally recognized HNC certificate.
The program is made up of BTEC units. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
We end each day of lectures with an end-of-day test on the theory of that day. In this way we encourage you to really absorb a piece of theory every day of your lecture. You and the lecturer will also receive daily feedback on whether the theory has landed well or whether repetition or additional explanation is needed. At the end of the unit there is a theory exam. The final mark for the theory must be sufficient to be able to continue. This is therefore a conditional theory exam.
You will receive an ‘assignment’ per unit. You show that you can apply the theory within a practical case. You will also look for extra relevant theory/literature and you will include a bibliography in your elaboration. You show that with a critical eye you can draw your own conclusions based on literature and formulated advice. The assignment also includes a presentation part. A portfolio of assignments is built up and assessed to determine whether you have obtained sufficient credits to be eligible for a certificate.
Introduction The Hague: There are several student associations in The Hague: the social associations HSV and INTAC, rowing club Pelargos, the Christian association Navigators and the HSSK rifle corps. These associations organize meetings for new members. A great opportunity to discover student life in The Hague.
Introduction Kronenburgh: Monday, August 21, 2023. We will inform you about our education system and go to the beach for some team building activities such as beach volleyball and wave surfing.
Start of lectures: Tuesday 22 August 2023.
- October 23, 2023 (after the autumn break)
- January 16, 2024 (after the Christmas holidays)
- April 2, 2024 (after Easter)
Academic year: The college period is from August 22, 2023 to March 29, 2024. From April 2, there is the company internship until the summer holidays.
Lecture times: Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:20 pm (lecture free on Friday).
Study trip: A study trip is planned prior to the company internship.
Lecture schedule: HNC program 2023-2024
The best investment
Kronenburgh is a private school and offers internationally recognized programs. You invest in good education and this will benefit you throughout your future career.
|BTEC4 HNC full-time
|College fee / tution fee
|Core Textbook Pearson
Good to know
- Prices Pearson are subject to exchange rates.
- Pearson may change prices.
- Studystore literature is based on previous academic year prices. New bibliographies will not be available until the summer holidays.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free or limited versions).
- You have a representative business suit (Tenue de Ville on Thursdays, during company visits, assessment presentations and on request of a lecturer).
- Additional lecture material/literature may be charged.
- In the event of a study delay, cost will be charged to continue enrolment at Pearson.
- If sufficient study results are not obtained, there are costs for attending lectures, taking exams and assessments (depending on what is necessary).
You will be registered with Pearson. Pearson is an international trainer based in the United Kingdom. This means that you can apply for student finance as a student studying abroad (even if you attend classes at Kronenburgh in the Netherlands).
Visit Duo ‘study abroad‘ and read about the conditions and find out whether you are eligible for student financing. Apply for student financing on time and use this form. Duo (SF Wereld HO department) assesses each application separately.
At BTEC4-5 / HNC-HND, just like at HBO University, student financing is only possible for students from the age of 18 to 30 (up to the age of 18, parents receive child benefit).
After completing the HNC program students can progress directly into employment. You can also continue your study at Kronenburgh International Business School for the second year, the Higher National Diploma and third year Top-up bachelor programme.