This part-time HNC programme on International Business and Management focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal, and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills, such as teamwork.
Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing, and meeting deadlines. Our part-time program addresses these needs.
What makes this program so special?
– BTEC 4, HNC, 1-year Fast-track, part-time programme at Kronenburgh;
– Awarded with an Internationally recognized certificate;
– Use the company you work for as the internship company case study;
– Blended learning: in class lectures but you can also participate with zoom;
– Access for students from all countries of the European Union (EU);
– Lecturers who work professionally in practice;
– In English: the best preparation for international university studies and/or working within international companies;
– Next: The part-time HND + Top-up 1.5-years bachelor’s programme at Kronenburgh in collaboration with University of Essex.
Kronenburgh: We educate talent for future board positions.
The part-time 1-year Kronenburgh HNC Business programme is built on the International higher education qualification system.
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately, and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence, and problem-solving strategies. They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
In Associate HNC year of study, all students follow the same lecture programme.
During a lecture day, the lecturer discusses the new subject matter. You are also already working on the assignment that goes with the unit (a business case). The assignment is further done as part of your work / internship. In this way you always apply the theory in practice. At the start of the lecture day there is a kick-off test about the subject matter of the previous lecture day. In this way you learn a bit every day in preparation for the exam at the end of the unit. The unit is further concluded with an assessment of the completed assignment and an accompanying presentation. This is Kronenburgh’s Think – Act – Grow approach.
BTEC Level 4 units
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting principles
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Financial Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
Requirements prior education
- Dutch education: MBO4-diploma, HAVO-diploma of overgangsbewijs VWO4>5 / overgangsbewijs VWO 5>6 / VWO-diploma,
- International education:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business,
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English,
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications,
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF,
- An international equivalent of the above.
- Dutch education: Mathematics and Economics in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education: An A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
If the admission requirements are not met, but it is expected that the program will still be successfully completed, there is the option of making the Kronenburgh IBS IQ test.
Required level of English
- Dutch education: English in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2),
- PTE 51,
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5,
- or equivalent,
- Students that have studied in English for last two years.
In case of insufficient mastery, a language course can be followed at the Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague.
In order to be able to compare the education systems in the different European countries, the European Qualification Framework EQF was developed. The HND programme in Business and Management is rated as follows (see Nuffic):
Higher National Certificate in Business HNC: EQF5;
HNC is rewarded with a certificate. Since this is the first year of a Bachelor programme we refer to this year as a propeadeutic.
Kronenburgh International Business School provides the HNC program under the license and supervision of Pearson. Pearson Education Ltd.: The UK’s largest diploma awarding body with academic and professional qualifications that are globally recognized and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading training company. Pearson therefore provides the internationally recognized HNC certificate and the HND diploma.
The program is made up of BTEC units. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
We start the lecture day with a kick-off test about the theory of the previous lecture day. In this way we encourage you to really absorb a piece of theory every day of your lecture. You and the lecturer will also receive daily feedback on whether the theory has landed well or whether repetition or additional explanation is needed. At the end of the unit there is a theoretical test. The final mark for this test must be sufficient to be able to continue. This is therefore a conditional test.
You will receive an assignment for each unit. You show that you can apply the theory within a practical case. You will also look for extra relevant theory/literature and you will include a bibliography in your elaboration. You show that with a critical eye you can draw your own conclusions and formulate an advice based on literature. The assignment also includes a presentation part. A portfolio of assignments is built up. The portfolio is assessed to determine whether you have obtained sufficient credits to be eligible for a certificate.
In the part-time program we offer the first-year lectures on Tuesday afternoons and evenings. Second-year lectures on Thursday afternoons and evenings. The Top-up lectures are also on Thursday afternoon and evening.
Start: You can start with the program every time a new unit starts:
- Tuesday 30 August 2022
- Tuesday 4 October 2022
- Tuesday 1 November 2022
- Tuesday 6 December 2022
- Tuesday 24 January 2023
- Tuesday 7 March 2023
- Tuesday 11 April 2023
- Tuesday 30 May 2023
Lecture times: 1.30pm to 8.50pm.
Building: Lange Houtstraat 7 2511CV The Hague
Lecture schedules: Part-time Associate HNC.
Associate / HNC
- Tuition fees Kronenburgh € 3,995.-
- Tuition fees Pearson € 464.49
- Literature Pearson € 17.55 + € 210.60
- Literature Studystore € 50.-
- Membership Library € 35.-
- In total € 4,737.64
Per unit / HNC
- Tuition fees Kronenburgh € 570.71- (prepay)
- Tuition fees Pearson € 57.33 (prepay)
- Literature Pearson € 0. – + € 70.20 (prepay)
- Literature Studystore € 0.- (prepay)
- Membership Library € 35.- (prepay)
- In total € 698.24
Good to know
- Prices Pearson are subject to exchange rates.
- Pearson may change prices.
- Studystore literature is based on previous academic year prices. New bibliographies will not be available until the summer holidays.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free or limited versions).
- Additional lecture material/literature may be charged.
- In the event of a study delay, € 100 will be charged to continue enrolment at Pearson (possibly also at the Top-up university).
- If sufficient study results are not obtained, there are costs for attending lectures, taking exams and assessments (depending on what is necessary).
Student grants (financial support)
1. You will be registered with Pearson (and Kronenburgh). Pearson is an international educator based in the United Kingdom. For the Top-up program you will be enrolled at the University of Essex (via Kaplan Open Learning). These institutions are also located in the United Kingdom. This means that you can apply for student grants as a student who is studying abroad (even if you follow the lectures at Kronenburgh in the Netherlands).
Look at Duo ‘studying abroad‘ and read about the conditions and find out whether you are eligible for a student grant. Apply for student grant in time. Apply via duo.nl. If this does not work, you can use this form. Duo assesses each application individually.
Just like at HBO-University, student grants is only possible for students aged 18 to 30 (parents receive child benefit up to the age of 18). The public transport card is also for younger students available. There is only student finance for full-time or dual (learning and working) programmes. There is no student grant for part-time (bbl) (i.e., not in combination with work).
2. If you are not eligible for student finance, there is Stimulering Arbeidsmarktpositie (STAP-budget). You can apply for up to €1,000 per year via the UWV. An annual total budget of 218 million euros is available for the scheme, divided over 6 application periods. On = gone, so be there on time!
3. An employer can pay for the training for employees and offset it for tax purposes.
After completing the HNC program students can progress directly into employment. You can also continue your study at Kronenburgh International Business School for the second year, the Higher National Diploma and the Top-up bachelor programme: