- Career-ready education
This full time (International) Business program focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills, such as teamwork.
Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing and meeting deadlines. Our part time program addresses these needs.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track Bachelor program in three years: first two year in full time, third year in part time;
– Each academic year is crowned with a certificate, diploma or degree;
– Average groups of 15 students;
– Positive and ambitious colleague students;
– Good balance theory and practice;
– Module work under direct supervision;
– Lecturers that also professionally work in practice;
– English spoken: the best preparation to access International University’s and international working enterprise’s.
- Study program
The Kronenburgh International Business program is a three years, full-time program. The program is build on the UK (United Kingdom) higher education qualification system:
- first year: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
- second year: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
- third year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor degree / BSc (Hons)
So every year is redeemed with a certificate, diploma or a degree.
Frist year: Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘ Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies.
They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
BTEC Level 4 units / modules
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Optional: IELTS English.
- Internship: Business Project
College schedule 2020-2021 BTEC4 Business
Second year: Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
At the Kronenburgh International Business School we offer the Level 5 Higher National Diploma in ‘General Business’ pathway, which allows students to complete a Level 5 Higher National Diploma without committing to a particular professional specialism. This offers additional flexibility for the third year at international universities.
Holders of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma will have developed a sound understanding of the principles in their field of study and will have learned to apply those principles more widely. They will have learned to evaluate the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems. They will be able to perform effectively in their chosen field and will have the qualities necessary for employment in situations requiring the exercise of personal responsibility and decision-making. The program is aiming students to be professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. More information: www.highernationals.com.
BTEC level 5 units / modules
- Research project
- Organisational Behaviour
- Tapping into New International Markets
- International Marketing (and Sales)
- Business Strategy
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to organisational Success
- E-commerce and Strategy
- Statistics for Management
- Business Intelligence
- Optional: IELTS English
- Internship: Research Project
College schedule 2020-2021 BTEC5 Business
Third year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor (Hons)
The next step is the TOP-up program. Kronenburgh offers this program as part-time blended learning. This means you can work online and also participate in lectures and group coaching. The TOP-up program can be completed in one (to two) years.
The advantage of the part-time program is that you can work at a company (income) while you complete your final year. Read more about our part-time TOP-up program.
Top-up units / modules are:
- Business Strategy
- Global Business
- International Marketing Strategy
- Business Law
- Business Finance
- Strategic HRM
It is also possible to study full-time at a university that offers a TOP-up program in, for example, England. The Level 5 Higher National Diploma is recognized by higher education providers as meeting the entry requirements for many undergraduate programs such as Business Studies. Please note: university admission requirements are subject to change. So always check the admission requirements for programs with specific higher education providers. For more information, please visit:: https://degreecoursefinder.pearson.com
More information on BTEC and Peason. More information on BTEC level 4 HNC. More information on BTEC5 HND. More information on University TOP-up degree.
The admission requirements are:
Dutch system: MBO4, HAVO, VWO diploma
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF.
- An international equivalent of the above
In order for students to be successful on the Kronenburgh International Business Program were students are both taught and assessed in English, it is critical that they have an appropriate level of English language skills.
Students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2)
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
- or equivalent.
If the student is not at the B2 level, there is the opportunity to access a course at the Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague, see www.lc-kronenburgh.nl. This can also be done during the first year.
Some aspects of business e.g. accounting and finance require maths skills and we strongly recommend all students:
- Dutch education system: Wiskunde en Economie in het vakkenpakket bij havo-ers en vwo-ers. Bij MBO-ers moet Wiskunde en Economie op de mavo in het vakkenpakket hebben gezeten. Verder het landelijke of instellingexamen Reken met positief resultaat hebben afgesloten op 3F.
- International Education system: an A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
At Kronenburgh we focus on the BTEC International Business Management path. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business: 601/8365/2
The awarding institution is: Pearson Education Ltd. the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
Obtaining the Bachelor degree is done at the University as the provider of the TOP-up program.
The student association year starts with the HOP week and the OH OH Intro at the end of August. Meet other students from University institutions in The Hague.
The Kronenburgh introduction is on Monday, August 31, 2020. We inform you about our education system and go to the beach for some team building activities such as beach volleyball and wave surfing.
Start colleges: Tuesday September 1 2020.
Times: Monday until Friday from 9.00 until 16.20 hours.
College day: In the morning you participate the working colleges. In the afternoon you participate the practicum. During the practicum you will do all the ‘homework’ supported by the teacher.
The college year involves 5 periods of 5 college weeks, followed by a business internship of 14 weeks.
In the first year there is also a study trip planned before the business internship.
See the first years full time programma BTEC4 HNC.
See the second years full time programma BTEC 5 HND.
See the third year part time programme TOP-up.
Kronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental school funding.
- HNC € 14.995,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments per year: € 1.537,- per instalment)
- HND € 14.995,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments per year: € 1.537,- per instalment)
- Top-up (1 up and until 2 years) € 6.000,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments per year: € 615,- per instalment)
You have a representative business suit.
You bring your own laptop with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
College fee includes:
- registration fee;
- introduction day;
- study trip (flight and hotel costs); and
- study materials: It is possible that additional material will be charged say € 250,- per year.
To follow a full-time TOP-up program at a university in England: see the website of the university in question for the cost overview.
After completing the TOP-up Bachelor program students can progress directly into employment. You can also select a master study like for example:
- ACCA Accounting MSc
- Economics and Finance MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
Dutch education system: je kunt kiezen voor een HBO of een Universitaire master.
You should be aware that university admission criteria is always subject to change and understand the course entry requirements for subject, year and grade before applying. So always check the entry requirements for degree programmes at specific Higher Education providers.