This full-time Bachelor Business and Operations Management focuses on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal and thinking skills necessary to be successful in work and in higher education.
The program has been developed in collaboration with many employers. Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and job-ready skills, such as teamwork.
Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing, and meeting deadlines. Our full-time program addresses these needs.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track Bachelor program in three years: first two year in full time, third year in part time,
– Each academic year is crowned with a certificate, diploma or degree,
– Average groups of 15 students,
– Positive and ambitious colleague students,
– Good balance theory and practice,
– Module work under direct supervision,
– Lecturers that also professionally work in practice,
– English spoken: the best preparation to access International University’s and international working enterprise’s,
– Open for students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
The full-time Kronenburgh Bachelor Business and Operations Management is a 3/3.5-years program. The program is built on the International higher education qualification system:
- first year: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
- second year: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
- third year: University Top-up program: Bachelor’s degree (Hons)
First year: Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately, and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence, and problem-solving strategies.
They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
BTEC Level 4 units
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting Principles
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Professional Identity and Practice
- Sales Management
- Work Experience
Second year: Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
Holders of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma will have developed a sound understanding of the principles in their field of study and will have learned to apply those principles more widely. They will have learned to evaluate the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems. They will be able to perform effectively in their chosen field and will have the qualities necessary for employment in situations requiring the exercise of personal responsibility and decision-making. The program is aiming students to be professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. More information: www.highernationals.com.
BTEC level 5 units general and specialisation
- Research Project
- Principles of Operations Management
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Business Information Technology Systems
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Strategy
- Company Law and Corporate Governance
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills
- HR Value and Contribution to Organisational Succes / Employee relations
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management I + II
Third year: University Top-up program: Bachelor (Hons)
The next step is the Top-up program. This academic year builds on the HNC and HND education program and takes you to the bachelor’s level. This Top-up program is offered in partnership with the University of Essex and Kaplan Open Learning. There is lecturing at Kronenburgh and online including other learning materials. The study counselling is provided by Kronenburgh and the University of Essex. Read more about our part-time Top-up programme.
Top-up level 6 units
- Global Business Environment
- Business Strategy
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Business Law
- International Marketing Strategy
- Business Finance
- Advance Business Project (an in-depth research)
Every academic year there is also an internship. You then make the business (research) assignments. Read more about internship.
This program is open to students from all countries of the European Union (EU).
- Dutch system: MBO4-, HAVO-, VWO-diploma,
- International System:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business,
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English,
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications,
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF,
- An international equivalent of the above.
Some aspects of business e.g., accounting and finance require maths skills and we strongly recommend all students:
- Dutch education system: Mathematics and Economics in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education system: An A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
Required level of English
- Dutch education system: English in the curriculum at mbo, havo or vwo.
- International Education system:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1 with good marks (we prefer B2),
- PTE 51,
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5,
- or equivalent,
- Students that have studied in English for last two years.
The Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague offers courses to bring you at the right level of English. This can also be done during the first year.
Do you not meet the admission criteria, but do you think you can still meet the level of the program? Then take the Kronenburgh IBS 21+ test.
The Bachelor Business and Management is a three-years programme:
- Higher National Certificate in Business (one year programme) HNC: EQF5
- Higher National Diploma in Business (one year programme on top of HNC) HND: EQF5
- Bachelor’s degree in business (one year program on top of HND) Top-up: EQF 6
To compare the level of the education systems in the different European Countries, the European Qualification Framework EQF was developed. At Kronenburgh every successful year is awarded with a certificate, diploma, or degree. The Honours Bachelor degree is at EQF 6 (in the Dutch system HBO of WO see Nuffic).
HND and HNC
The Kronenburgh HNC and HND programs are built on the BTEC Business path. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business: 601/8365/2
The awarding institution is Pearson Education Ltd. the UK’s largest awarding body offering vocational and academic qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
The third academic year, the Top-up year, is offered in partnership with the University of Essex and Kaplan Open Learning. The awarding institution is the University of Essex. The University of Essex is a business-acclaimed British public university located in the county of Essex in Great Britain. The quality of education is very well evaluated by the students.
Methods of assessment
In the first two years we end each lecture day with a end-of-the-day-test on the theory. This way we stimulate you to really take in a piece of theory every day. You and the lecturer also receive feedback every day whether the theory has landed properly or whether some repetition or additional explanation is needed. At the end of the unit there will be a final theory test. The whole of the day tests and the final test must be concluded with a pass. So this is a conditional theory test.
You will receive an ‘assignment’ for each unit. You show that you can apply the theory within a practical case. You also look for extra relevant theory / literature and you ensure a bibliography in your elaboration. You show that you can draw your own conclusions based on literature and formulate advice with a critical eye. In the first two years there is also a presentation part with the assignment.
Also in the Third year, the Top-up year, an assignment-based approach is adopted (no theoretical exams). The business and Management assignments are based on real life work experience and assessed by Kronenburgh and Essex tutors.
A portfolio of assignments is built up every year. All positively completed assignments add up to the total portfolio that is assessed to determine whether you have earned enough credits to qualify for a certificate / diploma / degree.
The first year starts with the OH OH Intro at the end of August. Get to know other students also other University educational institutions in The Hague. The OH OH INtro is organized by the municipality of The Hague together with five student associations: the social associations HSV and INTAC, rowing club Pelargos, the Christian association Navigators and the HSSK shooting corps. A great opportunity to discover student life in The Hague.
The Kronenburgh introduction is on Monday 22 August 2022. We inform you about our education system and go to the beach for some team building activities such as beach volleyball and wave surfing.
Start lectures: Tuesday 23 August 2022.
Lecture times: Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:20 PM.
Building: Lange Houtstraat 7 2511CV The Hague
- Tuition fees Kronenburgh € 12,995.- (prepay or in 10 instalments € 1,332.-)
- Tuition fees Pearson € 464.49 (prepay)
- Literature Pearson € 17.55 + € 140.40 (prepay)
- Literature Studystore € 200.- (prepay)
- Membership Library € 35.-
- In total € 13,817.44
- Tuition fees Kronenburgh € 12,995.- (prepay or in 10 instalments € 1.332,-)
- Tuition fees Pearson € 24.57 (prepay)
- Literature Pearson € 17.55 + € 280.80 (prepay)
- Literature Studystore € 250.- (prepay)
- Membership Library € 35.-
- In total € 13,602.92
- Tuition fees Kronenburgh € 5,700.- (prepay or in 10 instalments € 584.25)
- Tuition fees University of Essex €7,215.39 (prepay or payment arrangement through Essex)
- In total € 12,915.39
- Tuition fees University of Brighton € 15,879.- (prepay or payment arrangement via Brighton)
Total Bachelor NL: HNC € 13,817.44 + HND € 13,602.92 + Top up € 12,915.39 = € 40,335.75
Total Bachelor UK: HNC € 13,817.44 + HND 13,602.92 + Top up € 15,879.24 = € 43,299.60
Good to know
- Prices Pearson, Essex and Brighton are subject to exchange rates.
- Pearson, Essex and Brighton may change prices.
- Study guidance Top-up from Kronenburgh can change and then also the tuition fees (will also be indexed).
- Studystore literature is based on previous academic year prices. New bibliographies will not be available until the summer holidays.
- Instead of the University of Brighton Top-up, you can also choose another university, which charges different rates.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free or limited versions).
- You have a representative business suit (Tenue de Ville on Thursdays, during company visits and on request of a teacher).
- Additional lecture material/literature may be charged.
- In the event of a study delay, € 100 will be charged to continue enrolment at Pearson (possibly also at the Top-up university).
- If sufficient study results are not obtained, there are costs for attending lectures, taking exams and assessments (depending on what is necessary).
Does the government support NL students?
Kronenburgh is a private school. We work in accordance with the international higher education system. It is therefore not a ‘croho’ education. This means that it is not possible to apply for a scholarship / loan system / public transport card for this study program at ‘Duo’.
Through the scheme: Stimulation of the Labor Market Position (STAP) can be applied for up to € 1,000 per year via the UWV. An annual total budget of 218 million euros is available for the scheme, divided over 6 application periods. On = gone, so be on time!
An employer can set off employee training costs for tax purposes.
After completing the TOP-up Bachelor program students can progress directly into employment. You can also select a master study like for example:
- Commerce and International Business
- Business and Management
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Marketing Management
- International Accounting / Finance
- Human Resource Management
- International Logistics and Trade Finance
- Business Administration
Dutch education system: you can select a HBO or University master.
You should be aware that university admission criteria are always subject to change and understand the course entry requirements for subject, year, and grade before applying. So always check the entry requirements for degree programmes at specific Higher Education providers.