The skills offered as part of the BTEC Higher National Diploma can provide graduates with the opportunity to work in many different areas of the business sector. Some examples of job roles are:
- Business Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Business Advisor
BTEC qualifications are awarded by Pearson, the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
With a track record built over 40 years of learner success, the BTEC qualifications are recognised internationally by governments, industry and higher education.
BTECs focus on the holistic development of the practical, interpersonal and thinking skills required to be successful in employment and higher education.
The BTEC qualifications is developed working together with many employers, higher-education providers, colleges and schools. Employers are looking for recruits who have a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and work-ready skills, for example teamwork. Learners who progress to higher education need experience of research, extended writing and meeting deadlines. BTEC addresses these needs.
The BTEC International Level 4-5, is comparable to the Dutch HBO leerjaar 1, 2 en 3.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track Bachelor BSc program in three years;
– Average groups of 15 students;
– Positive and ambitious colleague students;
– Good balance theory and practice: morning: colleges, afternoon: practicum;
– Module work under direct supervision during practicum;
– Lecturers that also professionally work in practice;
– Possibility to do your internship abroad;
– English spoken: the best preparation to access International University’s and international working enterprise’s.
More information on BTEC and Pearson. More information on BTEC level 4 HNC. More information on BTEC5 HND. More information on University TOP-up degree.
The Kronenburgh International Business program is a three years, full-time program. The program is build on the UK (United Kingdom) higher education qualification system:
- first year: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
- second year: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
- third year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor degree / BSc (Hons)
So every year is redeemed with a certificate, diploma or a degree.
Frist year: Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area ‘ Business’. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies.
They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
BTEC Level 4 units / modules
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Optional: IELTS English.
- Internship: Business Project
College schedule 2020-2021 BTEC4 Business
Second year: Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
At the Kronenburgh International Business School we offer the Level 5 Higher National Diploma in ‘General Business’ pathway, which allows students to complete a Level 5 Higher National Diploma without committing to a particular professional specialism. This offers additional flexibility for the third year at international universities.
Holders of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma will have developed a sound understanding of the principles in their field of study and will have learned to apply those principles more widely. They will have learned to evaluate the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems. They will be able to perform effectively in their chosen field and will have the qualities necessary for employment in situations requiring the exercise of personal responsibility and decision-making. The program is aiming students to be professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. More information: www.highernationals.com.
BTEC level 5 units / modules
- Research project
- Organisational Behaviour
- Tapping into New International Markets
- International Marketing (and Sales)
- Business Strategy
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to organisational Success
- E-commerce and Strategy
- Statistics for Management
- Business Intelligence
- Optional: IELTS English
- Internship: Research Project
College schedule 2020-2021 BTEC5 Business
Third year: University TOP-up program: Bachelor degree / BSc (Hons)
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma is recognised by Higher Education providers as meeting admission requirements to many relevant business-related courses / undergraduate degree, for example:
- BSc (Hons) in Business and Management
- BA and BSc (Hons) in Business Studies
- BSc (Hons) in International Management.
Many universities allow advanced entry onto the second or third year of a degree. Some universities have direct articulations on to the second or third year of a bachelor’s degree programme with Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals. Some Universities provide a one year top-up degree program.
You should be aware that university admission criteria is always subject to change and understand the course entry requirements for subject, year and grade before applying. So always check the entry requirements for degree programmes at specific Higher Education providers. For more information on entry requirements, including 2+1 articulations, please visit: https://degreecoursefinder.pearson.com
Example: Business Management BSc(Hons) top-up degree (Based on the University of Brighton UK) modules:
- Strategic Management
- People and Systems
- Developing Academic Knowledge and Skills
- Dissertation/Project/Research option
Optional modules: Globalisation and International Markets, International Human Resource Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Social Enterprise: New Business Planning, The Digital Economy, Game Theory in Economics, Finance and Business, Financial and Capital Markets, Financial Management, Employee Selection and Development, Understanding Employee Relations, Happiness: Work and Society, HRM and Organisational Change, Ecommerce and Online Behaviour, Commercial Law, Negotiation, Mediation for Law and Business, Intellectual Property Law, Human Rights and Business, Employment Law, Family Law, Retail Marketing and Distribution, Marketing Communications, Marketing Planning and Strategy, Consumer Psychology, Public Relations: Principles and Practice, Marketing Across Cultures, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Search Engine Optimisation and Content Marketing Management
More information on BTEC and Peason. More information on BTEC level 4 HNC. More information on BTEC5 HND. More information on University TOP-up degree.
The admission requirements are:
Dutch system: MBO4, HAVO, VWO diploma
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related UK Level 3 qualifications
- European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning (EQF): level 4 EQF.
- An international equivalent of the above
In order for students to be successful on the Kronenburgh International Business Program were students are both taught and assessed in English, it is critical that they have an appropriate level of English language skills.
Students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
- or equivalent.
If the student is not at the B2 level, there is the opportunity to access a course at the Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague, see www.lc-kronenburgh.nl.
Some aspects of business e.g. accounting and finance require maths skills and we strongly recommend all students:
- Dutch education system: Wiskunde en Economie in het vakkenpakket bij havo-ers en vwo-ers. Bij MBO-ers moet Wiskunde en Economie op de mavo in het vakkenpakket hebben gezeten. Verder het landelijke of instellingexamen Reken met positief resultaat hebben afgesloten op 3F.
- International Education system: an A* to C grade GCSE Maths and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
At Kronenburgh we focus on the BTEC International Business Management path. The Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Qualification numbers are:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business: 601/8364/0
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business: 601/8365/2
The awarding institution is: Pearson Education Ltd. the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company.
After completing a Pearson BTEC Higher National Certificate or Diploma, students can progress directly into employment. You can also select a postgraduate / master study like for example at the University of Brighton:
- ACCA Accounting MSc
- Economics and Finance MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
Dutch education system: je kunt kiezen voor een HBO master of een Universitaire master.
You should be aware that university admission criteria is always subject to change and understand the course entry requirements for subject, year and grade before applying. So always check the entry requirements for degree programmes at specific Higher Education providers.
Introduction: Monday August 31 2020 we make a start with the introduction program. We inform you about our education system and we go to the beach for some teambuilding activities like beach volley-ball and wave surfing.
Start colleges: Tuesday September 1 2020.
Times: Monday until Friday from 9.00 until 16.20 hours.
College day: In the morning you participate the working colleges. In the afternoon you participate the practicum. During the practicum you will do all the ‘homework’ supported by the teacher.
The college year involves 5 periods of 5 college weeks, followed by a business internship of 14 weeks.
In the first year there is also a study trip planned before the business internship.
College schedule year 1
College schedule year 2
Kronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental school funding.
- College fee first year € 14.995,- / second year € 14.995,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments per year € 1.537,-) (College fee includes: registration fee, introduction fee, flight and hotel costs study trip). The third year: see investment at the UK University you select.
- Study materials: first year € 775,- (based on 2018-2019) / Study materials second year € 580,- (based on 2018-2019) see Studystore (Kronenburgh HBO) for the actual costs. It is possible that additional material will be charged.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free of limited versions)) minimum of 8 ram working memory.
- You have a representative business suit.
For the third year you will admission a top-up program at an university in for example England like Brighton University, see this link for more information.