Widely applicable within business
Students can find a job as assistant manager at (international) companies such as international wholesalers, production companies and services. The assistant manager is enterprising and creative to implement commercial insights into import and export. The assistant manager works in different cultures and knows how to deal with international laws and regulations to achieve sales goals.
What makes this program so special?
– Fast track MBO4 program in combination with the International recognised BTEC3 programme;
– Pre University: Best preparation for a bachelor’s degree programme.
– Average groups of 15 students;
– Positive and ambitious fellow students;
– Good balance theory and practice: morning: lectures – afternoon: practicum;
– Assignments under supervision during the practical (so no homework);
– Lecturers who also work professionally in business practice;
– Ability to do an internship abroad;
– The programme is both taught and assessed in English: the best preparation for access to the international higher professional education programs and a position at internationally operating companies.
– Also open for students from European countries.
More information on BTEC and Pearson. More information on BTEC level 3 extended diploma in business.
First year units
- Investing Retail Business
- Exploring Business
- Investigating Customer Services
- Research and Plan a Marketing Campaign
- Principles of Management
- Managing an Event
- Sales Techniques and Processes
- Business Spanish
- International Business
- Cost and Managing Accounting
- Business Internship / Vocational Practice.
Second year units
- International Logistics
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurs
- Business Decision Making
- Human Resources
- Lean Creative
- Teambuilding in Business
- Business Finance
- Spanish or Business and Environmental Sustainability + Social Enterprise
- Developing an Enterprise Strategy
- Market Research
- Business Etiquette
- Business Internship / Vocational Practice.
For Dutch students
The MBO4 students also take the generic units: Dutch, English, and Calculations/Math in both years. The ‘keuzedelen’ are:
- Entrepreneurial Behavior (K0072) and
- Internationaal I (K0210) and
- Spaans A1-A2 (K0999) or Spaans A2-B1 (K1000) of Online Marketing E-commerce (k0519)
This full-time programme is aimed for students in the age of 15 until 22.
This program is open for students from the European Union. Students from outside Europe see the one year program.
Pre education requirements
- Dutch education system: “vmbo TL / mavo of havo 3> 4” gives access to the program. Our training is at the level of “havo 4-5”.
- International system: students from international schools after 4 years of secondary level 2 education in the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning (2EQF).
Other pre-education can be discussed.
Some training modules / units, for example Accounting and Finance, require math skills and we strongly recommend that all students:
- Dutch education system: “Rekenen / Wiskunde en Economie”.
- International Education system: An A * to C grade GCSE Maths and / or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
Required level of English
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level A2 (with good grades, so preferably B1),
- PTE 51,
- IELTS 4.5 (overall band score) preferable Reading and Writing is 5.5 or equivalent, or
- Students that have studied in English for two years.
It is also possible to do an English level intake test.
The Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague offers courses to bring you at the right level of English.
This programme may result in two diplomas:
- the MBO4 diploma; and
- the BTEC3 Extended Diploma.
Approved education by the Dutch Ministry of Education, 25133 Assistant Manager International Wholesale (Dutch diploma for vocational education internationally recognized EQF4).
You will receive the MBO4 diploma when you have passed all modules (including The generic modules Dutch, Math and English), you meet the ‘slaagzakregeling’, the internships are sufficient, the Career and Citizenship obligation has been met and you have passed the practical exam. More information is available in the ‘Onderwijs en Examenregeling OER (Teaching Examination Regulations); available as a document through the Kronenburgh education system Viadesk.
BTEC3 extended diploma
The units are assessed using an assessment scale from Distinction (D), Merit (M), Pass (P) and Unclassified (U). All units contribute proportionally (depending on the size of the module) to the general qualification level.
To get a qualification, you must complete all units (1080 GLH), obtain a Pass or higher in all required modules. 180 GLH only allowed in U-class of other (non-compulsory) BTEC3 modules.
Induction: Monday August 30, 2021 we make a start with the introduction program. We inform you about our education system and we go to the beach for some teambuilding activities like beach volleyball and wave surfing.
Start colleges: Tuesday August 31, 2021.
Times: Monday until Friday from 9.00 until 16.20 hours.
College day: In the morning you participate the working colleges. In the afternoon you participate the practicum. During the practicum you will do all the ‘homework’ supported by the lecturer.
The college year involves 3 periods of 8 college weeks (and 1 exam week), followed by a business internship of around 11 weeks.
In the first year there is also a study trip planned before the business internship.
Lecture schedule year 1
Lecture schedule year 2
Kronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental school funding.
- College fee per year € 12,495,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments € 1.281,-) (College fee includes: registration fee, introduction fee, flight and hotel costs study trip).
- Study materials: first year € 775,- (based on 2020-2021) / Study materials second year € 580,- (based on 2020-2021) see Studystore for the actual costs. It is possible that additional material will be charged.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free or limited versions)) minimum of 8 ram working memory.
- You have a representative business suit.
Our MBO4 diploma / BTEC3 diploma is accepted by international universities and higher education institutions.
The best continuation offered by the Kronenburgh International Business School is:
- Year one: Higher National Certificate in Business (one year programme) HNC
- Year two: Higher National Diploma in Business (one year programme on top of HNC) HND
- Year three: Bachelor’s degree in business (one year program on top of HND) Top-up