Widely applicable within business
Students can find a job as assistant manager at (international) companies such as international wholesalers, production companies and services. The assistant manager is enterprising and creative in order to implement commercial insights into import and export. The assistant manager works in different cultures and knows how to deal with international laws and regulations in order to achieve sales goals.
What makes this program so special?
– Accelerated MBO4 program;
– International BTEC3 college program;
– Open for students from European countries;
– Average groups of 15 students;
– Positive and ambitious fellow students;
– Good balance theory and practice: morning: seminars, afternoon: practicum;
– Homework supervision during the practical;
– Teachers who also work professionally in practice;
– Ability to do an internship abroad;
– English spoken: the best preparation for access to the international higher professional education programs and a position at internationally operating companies.
– Also open to students from other European countries. Students from outside Europe can participate in the first year and follow their second year at another BTEC 3 school abroad.
More information on BTEC and Peason. More information on BTEC level 3 extended diploma in business.
- Dutch, English and Calculations/Math (Dutch and Calculations/Math in the case of MBO4).
- Investing Retail Business
- Exploring Business
- Investigating Customer Services
- Research and Plan a Marketing Campaign
- Principles of Management
- Managing an Event
- Sales Techniques and Processes
- Market Research
- Business Spanish
- International Business
- Cost and Managing Accounting
Business Internship / Vocational Practice.
- Dutch, English and Calculations/Math (Dutch and Calculations/Math in the case of MBO4)
- International Logistics
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurs
- Business Decision Making
- Human Resources
- Lean Creatief
- Teambuilding in Business
- Business Finance
- Spanish or Business and Environmental Sustainability + Social Enterprise
- Developing an Enterprise Strategy
- Market Research
- Business Etiquette
For MBO4 the ‘keuzedelen’ are:
– Entrepreneurial Behavior (K0072) and
– Lean Creative (K0512) or Environmental Sustainability (K0031)
Students from outside Europe can participate in the first year and follow their second year at another BTEC 3 school abroad.
The Kronenburgh International Business program MBO4 / BTEC3 is primarily intended for students who want to be trained as an assistant manager within international business or who want to move on to an HBO BSc International Business program.
This program is open for students from European countries.
The admission requirements are:
– Dutch education system: “vmbo TL / mavo”. Also a transition certificate “havo 3> 4” gives access to the program. Our training is at the level of “havo 4-5”.
– International system: students from international schools after 4 years of secondary level 2 education in the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning (EQF). Our training is at level 4 EQF.
Other admission criteria can be discussed.
To ensure that students are successful in the Kronenburgh International Business Program in which students are both taught and assessed in English, it is crucial that they have an appropriate level of English proficiency.
Students for whom English is not the native language or who have not studied English in the last two years can demonstrate in English at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below:
Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level A2 (with good grades, so preferably B1 or B2)
IELTS 4.5 (overall band score) preferable Reading and Writing is 5.5 or equivalent.
If the student is not at the right level of English, follow an English course at Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague.
Some training modules / units, for example accounting and finance, require math skills and we strongly recommend that all students:
Dutch education system: Rekenen / Wiskunde en Economie.
International Education system: an A * to C grade GCSE Maths and / or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
The Kronenburgh International Business Program MBO4 / BTEC3 can result in two diplomas:
– the MBO4 International Business diploma; and
– the Pearson BTEC International Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business.
Approved education by the Dutch Ministry of Education, crebonumer: 25133 Assistant Manager International Wholesale (Dutch diploma for vocational education internationally recognized EQF4).
You will receive the MBO4 diploma when you have passed the training modules, you meet the ‘slaagzakregeling’, the internships are sufficient, the Career and Citizenship obligation has been met and you have passed the practical exam.
The modules are assessed using an assessment scale from Distinction (D), Merit (M), Pass (P) and Unclassified (U). All modules contribute proportionally (depending on the size of the module) to the general qualification level.
To get a qualification, you must complete all modules (1080 GLH), obtain a Pass or higher in all required modules. 180 GLH only allowed in U-class of other (non-compulsory) BTEC3 modules.
Introduction: Monday August 30 2021 we make a start with the introduction program. We inform you about our education system and we go to the beach for some teambuilding activities like beach volley-ball and wave surfing.
Start colleges: Tuesday August 31 2021.
Times: Monday until Friday from 9.00 until 16.20 hours.
College day: In the morning you participate the working colleges. In the afternoon you participate the practicum. During the practicum you will do all the ‘homework’ supported by the teacher.
The college year involves 5 periods of 5 college weeks, followed by a business internship of 14 weeks.
In the first year there is also a study trip planned before the business internship.
College schedule year 1
College schedule year 2
Kronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental school funding.
- College fee per year € 12,495,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments per year € 1.281,-) (College fee includes: registration fee, introduction fee, flight and hotel costs study trip).
- Study materials: first year € 775,- (based on 2020-2021) / Study materials second year € 580,- (based on 2020-2021) see Studystore (Kronenburgh HBO) for the actual costs. It is possible that additional material will be charged.
- You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free of limited versions)) minimum of 8 ram working memory and usb port.
- You have a representative business suit.
Our MBO4 diploma / BTEC3 diploma is accepted by international universities and higher education institutions.
Further education in the Dutch system: Commercial Economics, Small Business and Retail Management and Sales and Account Management, Economics and Law Management, International Business.
The best continuation is the HBO Bachelor BSc in International Business offered by the Kronenburgh International Business School.
Continuing education International system:
– Higher national diploma in business HND;
– BSc (Hons) in Business and Management;
– BA (Hons) in Business and Finance;
– BA (Hons) and BSc (Hons) in Business Administration;
– BSc (Hons) in international management;
– BSc (Hons) or BA (Hons) in Marketing;
– BSc (Hons) in Retail Management.
Further education providers can adjust the admission requirements.